- Peace and order were finally restored in the town.
- a breach of the peace
- I have been in perfect peace and contentment
- —J. H. Newman
- The sisters are at peace with each other.
- There was a peace of 50 years before war broke out again.
- offered the possibility of a negotiated peace
- —New York Times
Keeping the peace is not building a wall to keep others out nor is it insulting another human for ones beliefs, religion or color of the skin. Kicking in doors because you fear what someone might do, is not a way to keep the peace and nether is taking what is not yours.